Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Mold can grow and spread throughout your property very quickly. Being aware of what to do and what not to do if you discover a mold infestation can be difficult, especially if you have never experienced a mold infestation prior. Down below our mold remediation experts have listed out some helpful Mold Damage Tips to give you better insight into what steps to take while you wait for a mold remediation company to arrive at the scene of the loss.
If you are in need of our mold services, don't hesitate and give us a call today! We offer our services to homes and businesses of any size in the greater Sanibel area.
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (239) 312-7605
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Sanibel / Captiva Island / Ft Myers Beach for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Sanibel / Captiva Island / Ft Myers Beach has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Ft Meyers Beach
- Fort Myers
- Estero Island
- Captiva Island